The Swiss Center for Design and Health (SCDH) researches design in health care environments. Our goal is to improve the quality of care and reduce health care costs. We will be starting operations in a new building in mid-2022.
The SCDH is the leading centre at the interface between design and health in Switzerland – with an international impact. Ensuring:
- A highly qualified interdisciplinary team from the Bern University of Applied Sciences, BFH, the University of Bern and other universities – from the fields of design, health, architecture, economics, social anthropology, technology, IT and medicine.
- Powerful national and international partners from business and science.
Our experts work with you to implement your research or development project:
- In the SCDH Living Lab we build prototypes on a 1:1 scale – from insulin pens to fully functional hospital wards.
- At the SCDH, architecture, interior design, furniture, lighting, signage, medical devices, communication tools, apps and other digital solutions are developed, implemented and researched. Together with our partners.
- At the SCDH, all work, care and communication processes are simulated and researched from the perspective of design and health. With trained research patients, specialist nursing staff and other committed stakeholders.
- The SCDH experts analyse your architecture and your design on site. Please contact us.